Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inland empire.

Inland from the pacific. I swear on a quiet night i can hear the waves hit the rocks of the shore. The Puget Sound echoes miles in to the hearts of many, even those who have yet to meet her.

I've reached Washington state; Spokane to be exact. Miles from where I've ever imagined I'd wash ashore. I sit at a window and try my best to comprehend the power of water and the weight of the flood that crashes down on all things below it. Millions of gallons of blue make a brilliant cloud of white. Generating enough power for a years worth of blog babel for online personalities (including myself.)
So when will it stop?
When is the hydro-revolution?
Where is the eco-revolt I was promised?

As we grow less involved and more despondent we take advantage of all things life giving. Providing generations with nourishment and love we still turn our backs on the unintentional selflessness of flowing water. (sorry, my hippies showing)
But just as the water turns turbines and trees grow regardless of economic status; we still strive for dominance over all things natural, including the forgotten nature of human emotion.

The northwest has a healing sensation, you can feel it when you wake up to the Canadian jet stream blowing the weathered branches of the Ponderosa outside you're bedroom window. Yet to some its maddening. Near inches from wilderness and solace yet the six-pill-a-day diets are all too common.

I just hope someone can wake up tomorrow and take advantage of the medicinal environment that we are so lucky to be gifted. Throw away the orange bottles and pick up a trail guide or a bicycle.

Any who, My rant is over.
Someone knit me a hat... I lost mine today.

0 comments: